Click here to find out all you need to know about ordering a Birth Certificate and/or a Data Sheet for your classic VW. A birth certificate for your VW is a great addition to your history file etc, and is also an essential piece of documentation for those looking to register an imported vehicle etc.
Here’s how the Volkswagen Museum system works…
- Simply click the link and enter your name and the chassis number of your Volkswagen on the form.
- If you would like to know whether the vehicle still has the original engine, please also supply the engine number.
- After ordering a certificate, you can then enter the name that should appear on the certificate.
- Enter the billing and delivery address.
- Click on ‘Send’.
- Pay the amount due by credit card or prepayment (bank transfer with VIN information).
- VW will then send you the certificate by post
How much will a Birth Certificate or Data Sheet cost?
Are you the proud owner of a classic Volkswagen? Would you like to find out more about the history of your little gem? Order a VW birth certificate.
Do you wish you buy or register a classic Volkswagen, but don’t have the necessary information? A VW data sheet will make it easier for you to make a decision when buying a car and give you the correct data for the registration office.
Would you like the certificate and the data sheet? That’s also not a problem. With VW’s combined package you will get both documents at an attractive price.
Due to the high number of enquiries VW receive and the extensive research involved, it can currently take up to six months to process your request